You will not be able to send more 10 emails per hour during the first 24-hours after your account is activated.
The maximum number of emails which can be sent per-hour after this time is 500. All emails in excess of this will be discarded.
If your account has a request or job which runs for more than 30 seconds then we reserve the right to terminate this request/job. If this continues to happen, then we may restrict access to the request/job or your account.
Your account has resource safety limits applied, and these will vary depending on the hosting package you subscribe to. These limits are in place to preserve a consistent and fair experience for all customers, they are not in place to restrict your account. The limits have been carefully set so they do not adversely affect a well-configured website.
The following are expressly prohibited, and attract a zero-tolerance approach:
- IRC or any chat systems hosted on or relayed through your account
- Any background process or daemon
- Any form of proxy service
- Any form of unsolicited, bulk or spam email being sent through or advertising your account
- Insecure or malicious code
- Anything illegal or which infringes copyright or intellectual property of others
- Anything related to gambling.
- Anything related to cryptocurrencies / bitcoin.
- Porn and explicit images.
- Offensive, hateful, defamatory or inflammatory, fraudulent or misleading content
- Storing non-account data: backups, owncloud, personal downloads or files
- GURU provide a backup service, so storage of backup archives in your account is not permitted
Some resources or services may be shown as ‘unlimited’. This is because we believe you should not need to be concerned with how you genuinely utilise these things; we engineer our systems to ensure this is the case.
However, if we feel that your account is excessively utilising such resources in an unfair or abnormal way, we may ask you to change your usage or we may restrict your account. This is only ever actioned as a last resort.